Domesticity Nouveau

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

National Beverage Day

May 6 is National Beverage Day... don't know where I read it, but it was in my calendar as a reminder, so I must have thought it important while consuming one of my favorite beverages (wine). So in honor of such wonderful delights that beverages can be, here is my list of favorites... and yes, I realize that this is not anything that will change the world. However, taking a moment to list some favorite things, ala Julie Andrews Sound of Music, does put me in a better mood, and that attitude can spread and maybe change some one's day and then they change another persons... it's all butterfly wings people, fairly soon we should be feeling a tsunami of kindness because I took the time to list my favorite beverages, so I guess it will change the world! Hang onto your hats, here we go!

  • Dirty Martini, actually I like a lot of olive, so lets call it a filthy martini
  • Bloody Mary, always best before & during a flight
  • Red Wine, I think this counts as a fruit
  • Guinness, ahhhhhhhh
  • Espresso with a lemon zest curl
  • Black Coffee, don't talk to me in the morning unless this is in your hand
  • Ice Tea, preferably the instant stuff, no sweetener
  • Hot Tea, Tazo Awake or Bird's nest ar the best!
  • Coca Cola, really good with vanilla vodka
  • Sake with sushi
  • Port, with a game of cribbage
  • Amaretto sour, reminds me to make more Amaretto and post the recipe
  • Creme De Menth, ditto on posting recipe
  • Apricot & Cherry Brandy, again, will post the recipe
  • Pineapple juice, the best is from the can with the chunks, as you are making pizza
  • Hot Apple Cider, that powdered instant stuff use to calm me down so much at work
  • Dry white wine, Fume Blanc or Pinot Grigios
  • lemonade, even better if it is a Mike's hard
  • limeade, with a bit of salt on the rim
  • grape juice, better if left to ferment to wine
  • any cheap light beer
  • Mai Tai, Brette taught me this wonder!

Well, I think those are the top choices... oh, yeah, WATER! Can't forget that! Looking over the list it sounds like I must be drunk all day long! (I'm not). There are others that I like, but I wouldn't call a favorite... so there you go, I just flapped a little wing of happiness into the world, watch out that you don't get knocked over by kindness, but if you do, I'm sure someone will be there to kindly help you up :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, yours is more interesting than my list of favorite beav.
    1: Non-fat Milk
    2: Pepsi
    3: Hot Cocoa
    4: A MikeRyan (a voka drink my friends Mike & Ryan made up)
    5: Water
    See that is it on favorites... boring, I know!

    ReplyDelete